Monday, October 09, 2006

Muskies on Boji

The skies are moving on Boji. I got 4th in the Idso Muskie Fest this past weekend, by catching a 33 inch skie. Todd Schlenger won first with a wonderful 49 inch fish, Pete Hildreth won 2nd with a 45, Pete's partner caught a 35 for 3rd(sorry I can't remember your name) and my fish won 4th. Todd caught his 49 on a Wades's Wobbler, Pete a Bulldog, his partner as well. I caught mine Trolling with a Buck Perry Spoonplug. I use spoonplugs a lot, it has been a sleeper lure on Boji for years, some guys think they are too small. I see that Rollie and Helens Muskie Shop is carrying them in their catalog this year.
I also caught a 39 inch skie last thursday on Boji on a M&M Spinner bait in Smith's Bay. I caught her on a figure 8 right at the boat awesome! I tell ya there is nothing like catching a skie on a figure 8, the adrenalin rush is something!
I see a lot of boats fishing for bluegills in Smith's Bay right now. GOOD LUCK

No comments: