Saturday, April 18, 2015

I'm Back!!

Its been a long long time since I have written an article hear, my apologies.

I launched the Ranger 619 a couple of weeks ago to make sure all is well after winter storage, and to a first run with  Minnkota i-pilot link I added to the system, it is awesome. I particularly like the "follow the contour feature", linked to a Lakemaster link compatible chip, I can run the cursor to a depth contour and the troll motor will follow that depth contour. More fishing, less manual boat control. It also has a feature called back track, that allows you to back track where you have been, without recording a dedicated track. It has spot lock that was on my i-pilot, and other features I have not discovered yet. This system Links to my Humminbird 998 SI. It should be an interesting summer.

I made a trip to Red Wing,MN with some friends last month for some early walleye fishing and it sucked. Too early.

Also made a trip to the Missouri River at Chamberlain,SD last month and it was very slow as well, fish weren't ready to spawn at all.

I have been trying to get down to Storm Lake, IA for some early season jig pitching but haven't made it yet, maybe next week.

If you get a chance, head up to the state Fish Hatchery in Orleans and take a look at the walleye and huge muskie they have in the holding tanks.

Later All.

No comments: