Sunday, April 22, 2012

Humminbird Seminar

Attended the Humminbird factory rep seminar, held at Great Lakes Marine in Spirit Lake, IA, yesterday. Well worth the time. I learned some new things and affirmed some things I was a little hazy about. Very well presented. Kudos to Shane and the staff at Great Lakes Marine!!!

Rick Dicus and I took a little road trip to Lost Island down by Ruthven today. Brr man it was cold, damp and windy. Fishing was very slow, I managed one Northern and missed another bite, Rick boated 2 fish, one was a keeper and had two nice ones come off. We were pulling Flicker Shads to start with and then switched to spinners and 4 inch "Gulp" crawlers. The people using live bait were doing better but not much. Water temp was 50.4 F, wind NW 15-25 MPH switching to NE later in the day, air temp never got higher than 48 F. I had a blast it was really good to be back out there after some time off from the action, the last 2 1/2 seasons.  Gotta love anytime on the water.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim,
Glad to hear you are back on the water!! Keep the posts coming. I really enjoy keeping up.
Marv