Thursday, May 26, 2005

Boji Update

Walleye fishing has been slow, in the last two trips to Big Spirit, I have caught many fish and only 4 keepers. Dicus and I caught 3 keepers a week ago. Scott Berry and I caught about 25 fish on Monday of this week and had one 18 inch fish and a 17 inch smallie. However, on late Monday afternoon the muskies went nuts in shallow water. I netted a 40 for Mark Mitchell and he caught two more after I left. I had 3 skies to the boat in 2 casts. The first muskie came in hot and took a swing at my bucktail, missed and took off. On the next cast 45 plus came lazily to the boat with a small male by her side. They weren't interested in eating, the spent about 30 seconds behind the boat near the big engine and then lazily swam off.
Rick Dicus and I are going to a small prairie lake in Minnesota this morning, walleye fishing, I will report later.

No comments: