Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Clear Lake Muskie

Well the Heartland Chapter's annual muskie tournament is over. Mark and I blanked on tournament day but we sure got cold. Man was it windy and cold. We caught 2 sub-legals and lost a big one on Friday trolling, but the tournament was Saturday. We actually were trying to pick up a few walleyes on Friday, when the muskies hit. The best area was from the fish hatchery east to the DOCK restaurant. The winning fish was caught west of that on Fishermans Reef, a nice 42 incher I believe it was. We had a great time and the Heartland Chapter did an excellent job, I believe Chris McCabe told me they had 62 fishermen this year, their largest turn out ever.
I am now getting ready for the walleye opener here at the Iowa Great Lakes. My friend Scott Berry and I will be hitting West Okoboji first fishing out of his 2050 Skeeter and then if that doesn't pan out we will move to Big Spirit and fish out of my Ranger 619. His boat is in the hoist so we won't have to fuss with taking his out etc.
The weather is supposed to warm up into the 70's this weekend, that will be heaven. The low here last night was 28. WOW

No comments: