Monday, May 16, 2005

I'M BAAAACK

Well it has been awhile. I have been lackadaisical in my posting on BojiLand.
The walleye opener was a bust for Scott Berry and myself, what with a lightning storm coming through every 15 minutes, cold and wind it was tough. We didn't even go out at midnite this year, too many storms in the area. We finally got out Sat AM, and pulled cranks on leadcore at the north end of Boji, Egralharve, Emerson, nothing. We made a decision to move to the first basin north of the narrows, there we contacted probably 30 walleyes Saturday afternoon. Water temp on East was 63 as opposed to 53 on West. The best lure was a Ripstick, in a purple back chartreuse side, white belly pattern, we also caught a few on Baby Thunder Sticks. Sunday we tried the deep water in Browns Bay on West Okoboji and caught one smallie.
Yesterday, Dianne and I went to Big Spirit, it was her first outing of the year, we had a blast. I didn't keep and accurate count but I lost count at 28 walleyes. We caught 3 keepers. I caught a 32 inch muskie, too bad season is not open, I would have had my first report of the season for the club. We caught them on 5Ft leaders, bare red #2 hook, 4-6 ft lead and a green bead, with a No-Snagg sinker, and a minnow or leech, in 10-17 Ft of water. It was a beautiful day for a change, light wind (just enough) although it was a little chilly.

No comments: