Thursday, January 26, 2012

32nd Annual University of Okoboji Winter Games

Well, the Winter Games will be this weekend. Chilli Cookoff, BroomBall, Chocolate tasting, Flag Football, Boot Hockey and on and on. The activities on the ice have been moved on-shore, due to unsafe ice throughout the Iowa Great Lakes area.
I sincerely hope that someone doesn't try to drive their car, truck,snowmobile or atv out across one of the lakes. However, I imagine someone will get a snoot full of Barley Pop and give it a go. Just hope the rescue divers won't be necessary.
I have no personal fishing report as I haven't been on the ice for a week. Just too tough pulling the FishTrap by hand and the ice isn't thick enough for me to drive the truck out. I don't own a snowmobile or atv so I will wait. I know some of the guys are driving their vehicles on Little Emerson and North Bay on West Okoboji and Anglers Bay on Big Spirit but not me, yet! Stay Warm everyone.

No comments: