Monday, January 16, 2012

Dianne 5, Tim 2

Well, Dianne and I made it out on Little Emerson Bay, on West Okoboji yesterday and the bite was slow compared to the day before. We quit at noon and gave what fish she caught to Tim Milner. Dianne kicked my butt on her first outing on the ice with me this year. We saw plenty of big gills but I just couldn't get them to go. I did lose a pig of a gill at the hole. (you've heard that before I'm sure) I caught a small northern. That may have been part of the problem, we seemed to have northerns under us all morning. Bluegills are a little edgy with northerns in the neighborhood. :-)
Anyway, we had a good time and it was good to have my bride out on the ice.
I heard that two guys went through the ice up on Big Spirit Lake yesterday, don't know if it is true or not but it wouldn't surprise me. Some people just don't get it.

No comments: