Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Brrrrr

Well it supposed to warm up today. Tomorrow is another matter! I am scheduled to go icing tomorrow with Tim M but the high is supposed to be 3 F according to Weather Bug on my Blackberry. Oh, well if the wind stays down it won't be too bad. At least the lakes are making ice and we sure need that. At this stage of the game last winter we had 18 inches plus and were driving our trucks on BigSpirit. Right now, I am a little leery of walking too far out on Spirit. Okoboji the bays are fine. I don't know yet whether to hit Little Emerson again or try for some perch off Crandall's Beach on Big Spirit.                                            
I am anxious to try the new Shakespeare Ugly Stick light ice rods on deep perch. I have some Abu Garcia reels spooled with 4lb Berkley Vanish flourocarbon line, with some Genz Worms and Bro Bug Mud Bugs tied on.
Looks like we have a front moving in that may bring some nasty weather towards the end of the week. Stay warm everyone. Later

No comments: