Friday, April 08, 2005

Big Spirit Bass Are Hot

Hello, all. I was able to get on the water Thursday afternoon with my good friend Mark Mitchell and after a good deal of searching we found the spot on the spot totally opposite of what we expected. We were looking for early season smallies on the rocks in the sun and they weren't there, they were in what little bits of weeds we could find. What a blast! We caught smallies, largemouth and silvers. The bait was either a medium size Rapala Husky Jerk or a Rapala DT6 both in Silver Minnow color. We did catch a few on Frenzies but the Husky Jerk was the best. What a blast, beautiful day on the water.
Again I was amazed by the Optima's. We got on the water about 2:30 and came off at 7:00, I plugged the charger in and went about the usual after trip boat chores and the green lights came on about 30 minutes later, granted the wind wasn't howling so I didn't have to run the trolling motor on high, but that is still pretty impressive to me. Later

No comments: