Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Heartland Muskie

I have nothing to report about the Iowa Great Lakes, I haven't been able to get out for a week. I believe the bass have slowed down some. I know they are still getting crappie in the canals and off the grade but that has also slowed due to the cold rainy weather. BIG NEWS I failed to report that the spillway on Big Spirit is running, good news for fishing in East Lake where the spillway runs into East, walleye, silvers etc.
Well, I am off to Clear Lake, IA Friday, for the Heartland Chapter of Muskies Inc.'s annual Dale Ahrendt Muskie Spring Tune-Up. If you are a muskie hound I would encourage you to enter the tournament. It costs $25.00 and you get at least that much back in food. You can sign up at tournament headquarters "The Other Place" 200 Highway 18 West, Clear Lake, IA Friday night, or you can sign up at the boat ramp at McIntosh Park Saturday morning. The Heartland Chapter always has good food, a ton of door prizes and raffle items. I will report on Monday.
Of course you all know that the walleye opener is the following weekend, May 7th. I would encourage one and all to sign up for a chance at a $10,000.00 tagged walleye, all proceeds going to Easter Seals of course.

No comments: