Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

Wow, it is going to get in the 70's today and stay there at least through next Monday. The ice is turning black on all the lakes. A huge area opened up on the north end of Big Spirit from Minnewaukon to Cottonwood and south almost to Red Nose Point. I will have to take a look at the Okobojis today. Must remember this is Iowa and the possibility of a March blizzard is always in the back of our minds.

I think I will go get the Ranger the first week in April. Visions of pig small mouth and Storm Lake walleye are dancing in my head. I have to check my records it might be time for a new impeller in the kicker motor. Time to put the ice shacks in the shed, summerize the gas ice auger and move reels from winter rods to summer rods.

I have decided to wait and see regarding upgrading the software in the electronics. I will watch the Humminbird message boards to see if any problems pop up with this latest round of upgrades.

Had a great weekend reunion with high school buddy Paul Namtvedt, he was down from Alaska, I hadn't seen or talked to him in years. It was great to visit. Paul and I were trapping, hunting, partying etc partners in high school and after. It was good to see and talk to other friends and classmates as well.

No comments: