Saturday, March 31, 2012

First outing.

Well, my bride and I put the Ranger in Big Spirit for the first time yesterday. What a beautiful day to be on the water. It was mainly a boat ride, trying to burn up some of last fall's fuel. The side scan in the Humminbird 998 worked well, the 788 up front had no interference from the Terrova tolling motor. The water pressure gauge was not working, however. I will have to track this down. I had to put a new one in a couple of years ago, hope that isn't the case this time.
Of course, we had to wet a line. Threw some Flasher jigs and jerk baits on Stony to no avail. moved to another spot, on a little rock pile I have marked in the GPS. Oh, by the way I was looking for smallies. Anyway I was throwing a Rattletrap and had a huge muskie follow it to the boat. It really startled me, a muskie was the last thing I was expecting. This spot will bear another look after the muskie opener.
Today was spent getting a new wireless router set up in the house. My other one finally died last night after many years of service. I got stuck setting it up, a quick call to Grandson Stefan and I was good to go. Way cool.

No comments: