Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Spirit Opening

Well, there is a huge area of open water on Big Spirit, from just west of Big Stony Point north. With wind from the south gusting to 25 mph and high temps in the 50s today, the open area will enlarge.
Still some guys out from Marble Beach at least a mile, picking up perch I imagine.
I am probably going to pick the Ranger up at the end of the month. I predict an early ice out this year!
Looking forward to getting down to Storm Lake after the ice out there and pitching some Flasher Jigs. That water is awesome early! I will also be on Spirit immediately after ice out here to get on the ice out Smallie bite.
I have a lot to do to get the boat ready. Primary task will be to get a transducer for the 998si, glassed in the hull of the boat, so I can read depth on plane. I have never done this so I will be getting input from others on this. I do know that I hope I can glass it in next to the bilge and live well pumps, instead of in the transom setback. I will have to get someone to do it for me if I have to put it in the setback. I don't think I can physically stand on my head to get it in there, we will see.

No comments: