Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Time Well Spent (on the water)

Well, my bride and I took a little excursion on West Okoboji to test the new upgrade I downloaded to the Humminbird 998csi. Everything worked as advertised (whew) I am not sure I like them taking the Auto Sensitivity from the side imaging . But, you need to tweak it constantly anyway, so I guess it is all right. It looks like I am going to like the new waypoint, route,track management window. Looks complicated but will work through it. I used the Snapshot for the first time. I ran to my waypoint marking the Ice Truck in Smith's Bay and after about 20 minutes, I was able to get a pretty good sideimaging picture and recorded it on a chip. It isn't as good an image as Rick Dicus got so I will try to get a better angle the next time.
Didn't do any fishing to speak of, spent all my time learning the new electronics.
Well, I lied we pulled cranks for about 45 minutes in Upper Gar and Minnewashta, nothing caught.

No comments: