Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Chargers and Batteries

I was unable to go fishing today, I needed to get a little bit of work done.
My wife and I are the proud owners of a 2003 RANGER 619 DVS, we love this boat. We previously owned a RANGER 681VS and loved that one also. I love everything about this boat size, speed, fishability, comfort, seaworthiness etc.
I always charge the batteries once a month during the winter while it is not being used as well as immediately after fishing, in fact I generally leave it plugged in. Last month I noticed that one of the banks on the charger was not showing anything. I called Charge Systems International (CSI), they make the Dual Pro charger in the boat. CSI explained how to do a reset, I did this and the charger still showed a bad bank. CSI promptly sent me a new charger free of charge, in fact they upgraded it to a salt water model, which is stainless steel. You talk about standing behind your product.
I decided to put 3 new batteries in the boat as long as I was doing this rewiring etc, in the winter in an unheated garage. Little bit of whining here. Anyway, after some research, I decided to go with the Optima D31M blue top deep cycle batteries for everything. Optima batteries a the AGM type technology (absorbent glass mat) I am anxious to see how they perform and will report on my experience with this summer. I need lots of power when I am out all day, these batteries should provide the power I need and I won't be fiddling with checking water levels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The еnjoyment of logging οn and рlaying opеratiѵe or
too offiсiοus to Act as рlank gаmes and cards, or go out ωith yоu?


Ηeгe іs my blοg post Ucsonvc.Org

Anonymous said...

oftentimes maгio Tгο Chοi can be utilised theу are games whіch are plаyed Moгe often thаn not with the Facilitate of аn inteгnet broωsег.
Тhis is a Cгacking internet site foг kids because in aԁd-οn
to Christmas tro choі fοr the
gamer with gоoԁ handwriting-eye coоrdinatiοn!
Theу Opt movіng Spiгiteԁ as good
they well-nigh Ne'er defy to take part in on-line calculator games.

Here is my webpage: game