Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Last Chemo TX

Well this post is a little off the subject, but this is my blog and I will write what I damn well please!
Tomorrow my wife and I head for Sioux City, IA., for her last chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer. We have been emotionally up and down since her diagnosis in October and subsequent surgery at the Mayo Clinic and then the chemo. We were additionally stressed when the clinical trial she had volunteered for was stopped because they were trying to find out if high doses of Celebrex would enhance the treatment and we all know what happened with Celebrex! Anyway I needed to vent a little and this seemed like the time to do it. She starts radiation next.
I did get an email from a friend today with a picture of a record walleye taken on Lake of the Woods that supposedly weighed in at 18 lbs. Awesome fish if the weight is legit. I am trying to get back out on the lake to do a little ice fishing but business calls.

No comments: