Monday, January 24, 2005

Weekend etc.

Well, I have been somewhat remiss in posting to my blog. My wife's last chemo went well. However, she has been feeling a little more punky than usual. She shared with me last nite that she is losing her eyelashes, I hadn't noticed.
I did manage a little fishing Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I caught about 10 nice bluegill and one crappie in Miller's Bay Canals. I was fishing with Rick Dicus from Explore the Outdoors radio, and his neighbor Tim. Tim was unable to even get a bite so Rick and I gave our fish to him, he had promised his wife a fish fry. Yesterday sucked, I had numbers of gills in the hole, as well as crappie, no biters!
I found out this weekend that Rick's wife will clean his fish. My god, how he got that deal put together I will never know. I must admit, in all fairness, that my wife will debone the walleye fillets as I cut them off the fish. Speaking of filleting, I would encourage you to look in In-Fisherman mag, for the method that Doug Stange found a quide somewhere using, its really unique. I tried it last summer and it really works. Sorry, I don't have the issue date at hand. I will try to remember to post it later.

No comments: