Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Spring is a coming

Just picked up a Frabill Worm Can, and 3 bags of Berkley Power Bait Ripple Shads. I put a Pfleuger Arbor reel on the new Fenwick Elite Tech Smallmouth Rod, loaded with 10lb Nanofil. I can't wait to get on Storm Lake after ice out and pitch jigs for walleye. Probably in about 2 months. :-) I know I'm way ahead of myself but I am afflicted with massive cabin fever!!!!
I am in the process of re-viewing some excellent videos by Doug Vahrenberg (sp?) and Jason Halfen about reading and interpreting Humminbird side imaging as well as preferred settings in differerent situations. I am also lucky that there is a man here in town that is an expert on the side imaging, that I can get some help from. (Rollie Peschon) I really need to get with the learning curve on that 998si this summer.
The ice is starting to look really bad after all the rain we received last night. Ice out is still quite a ways away but it will be here sooner than we think . I will probably get the Ranger out of storage, at the end of March, unless the ice goes out sooner than I anticipate.

No comments: