Saturday, February 19, 2005

Gillin on Boji

I got out on West Okoboji yesterday with Rick and Tim. The gills were real finicky, did manage to scrape 3 keepers out and released 4 dinks. Rick also kept 8 all that Tim could scrape together was 1 real nice crappie. I did catch one northern and released it. I forgot we can keep them after the walleye season closes. The northern was just the right size for pickling. The best bait yesterday was a green bobber fry with wax worm.
We are going out this morning about 10 AM, it is raining lightly right now. I can't believe it, raining in Feb., and the politicians say that global warming hasn't been confirmed. I can confirm it with my memory of how the weather has changed since I was a kid. This time of the year it is supposed to -20 F. Oh well, I don't need to get involved in that argument, can't do much about it anyway. I don't think my grandsons think I was ever a kid, even though I act like one sometimes.
I will report on today's outing later.

No comments: