Monday, February 21, 2005

Weekend Report

Well, it was a pretty good weekend in spite of the weather. On Saturday we combined for a total of 20 keeper bluegills and crappie and yesterday about the same. It was miserable out yesterday, thank god for Clam Corp, Fishtraps, I was warm, snug and most importantly dry inside of my Fishtrap Pro. The pattern was the same Saturday and Sunday. Bobber Fry, 1/80 oz green jig or green Fat Boy and a waxie. You had to fish it deep and use the Vexilar to see the fish come in because the water was so cloudy you couldn't see them. I could see the bait but not the fish. I would was the sonar screen and when a fish showed on the screen I would watch the bait and you could see the take, but I just couldn't pick out the fish until it turned and flashed it's side.
I hope my Optima batteries get here this week, the Missouri River is open from Ft. Thompson down to the White River south of Chamberlain, SD, and they are getting walleyes at the dam.

No comments: