Saturday, February 05, 2005

Too Warm To Ice

Hi I am back. I haven't been on the ice since Tuesday. The temperatures here in the Okoboji region have been in the 50's and 60's. I know there is still plenty of ice, but it becomes a matter of fighting the slop and water on top of the ice. I guess I am turning into a wuss, I just don't want to fight it. I will be back out next week when the temps are supposed to drop back into normal February ranges.
I still don't have my Optima Batteries, I called the company this week and they are on backorder. I understand this, they need to take care of their retailers first and then the folks in the sponsorship program. I was told they will ship the end of this month. I fiddled around yesterday after work for an hour and a half trying to get the last screw started to screw the Dual Pro Charger to the floor of the port side battery compartment. I only had 3 screws in before, because of that very issue. (accessibility) Anyway after some language, the screw went right in.
One of my fishing buddies (Rick Dicus) is up at Lake Of The Woods right now on a ice fishing trip, he will be back Sunday, I will report on his success or lack thereof. Rick is staying at Ballard's resort. Rick puts together a bus trip every year, in conjunction with his radio show "Exploring the Outdoors with Rick Dicus" on KMNS 620 AM. He is doing his show this morning from there.
Oh, I almost forgot the Iowa Great Lakes Winter Games were a success again this year. I had lunch the Thursday before at Bud's Pub and was fortunate to have a bowl of their Creole Chile, the 2005 chili contest winner. The only dark note was that three vehicles went through the ice on West Okoboji, one on Manhattan Beach point and two on Pikes Point, no injuries or drownings. Later

No comments: